* Includes White-Collar Overtime Exemption Regulations
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires employers to follow guidelines for a determination of wages. There are regulations regarding exemptions, minimum wage, overtime, and minors as employees.This course provides general information about the basic requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act as it applies to employee wages.
Managers, Supervisors & HR Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
155 - 165 minutes
To help managers and supervisors understand the basic wage and hour requirements set forth by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- evaluate an employee's qualifications for coverage under the Fair Labor Standards Act;
- categorize exempt employees into one of the five white-collar exemption classifications (Professional, Administrative, Executive, Outside salesperson, and Computer-related professional);
- understand the 2016 amendments to the white-collar minimum wage and overtime exemption regulations and the preliminary injunction preventing their implementation and enforcement;
- apply industry-specific and special exemptions from wage and hour laws to specific industries and occupations;
- apply the regulations regarding minimum wage and overtime as they relate to non-exempt employees and calculate overtime pay accordingly; and
- prepare and maintain the records for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Who is Covered?
- Who is not Covered?
- White Collar Exemptions
- Minimum Wage
- Record Keeping
- Investigation and Enforcement
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Calculating Overtime
- Employee Timekeeping Report
- Exempt Classifications
- FLSA Audit
HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE
This Activity has been approved for 2.75 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
This Activity has been approved for 2.75 PDCs toward SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification. The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.